Gorgeous Children + Blade Runner + the finest things. The family tree is at colossal status and heads are feeling mighty proud to stand round such prodigal soil. ICE out in a couple of weeks. #Sourboyz tour coming soon.
Don’t make MuMMz angry. The god might bring that TRENCH out of the RAP (or bring that ____ out the TRENCH…maaan, the stories heads would never tell you). Straight from the most dimly-lit block in Harlem…yellow tape and all. EP and assorted other things coming soon on Live From The Kitchen/PTP Recordings.
Steady Bloggin’ and PTP presented this a few warm months back, live on Fresh Out The Box. It’s October and it is still warm outside (80-something degrees warm). That means you can still fire up the yacht, grab up the plushest of lightweight robing, a bottle of the finest brown water, a bag of jet fuel, and bump this shit while you wait for the upcoming Third Looks and TechSpec mixes by us.
Black Sabbath through the eyes of some mad men. We are proud to unveil this two-song pack of heavy metal god shit, all chopped-and-slowed, as the first single to the upcoming Screwing Yourself To Live project between us and Steady Bloggin’. An experiment in sludge and stonerism. Expect to see that on 12/12/12.
Another Mishka x PTP presentation. The second installment of our co-curated, monthly mix series, High Tide, focusing on some of the day’s most potent raps and the artists behind them.
This month we have a spotlight on Himself The Majestic plus a few PTP thugsclusives by Gorgeous Children (Face Vega and Gila Monsta) and Harlem’s own MUMMZ…amidst a sea of A1 trap shit and other completely wholesome rap stylings. Download away and blast this.
Mishka NYC x Purple Tape Pedigree present High Tide Vol. 2 (mixed by Geng-Grizzly)
1. Himself The Majestic – Freaky Hoe (Prod. by DJ Sex Play)
2. Fiend – Wonderful (Feat. Curren$y)
3. Squadda B – Deep Cover (Greenova)
4. Bill Ding – Hey Ya’ll (Prod. by Amaze88)
5. Gunplay – Take This
6. DaVinci – MYOB (Feat. Freddie Gibbs, Prod. by Al Jieh)
7. Himself The Majestic – Glass Meteors (Prod. by Fresh Galaxy)
8. DCxDCxDC – Silver Surfer (Feat. Himself The Majestic, Prod. by Keyboard Kid)
9. Gene The Southern Child – Viewer Discretion Advised (Prod. by Parallel Thought)
10. Troy Ave – De FACTO (Prod. by Lavish)
11. Cas – Spaced
12. Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire – The Kosmos Pt. 7: The Explanation (Prod. by The Alchemist)
13. MondreM.A.N. – Why Love (Prod. by Nem270)
14. Supreme Cuts & Haleek Maul – The Dummy (Feat. Deniro Ferrar, Prod. by Supreme Cuts)
15. Gorgeous Children – Polar Clips (Prod. by Gila Monsta)
16. MUMMZ – Ain’t About Nuthin’ (Prod. by Gila Monsta)
17. King Louie – Sneak Disser
18. Gucci Mane – El Chapo (Prod. by Zaytoven)
19. Young Scooter – Colombia
20. Young Scooter – Smoke Alarm (Prod. by Southside)
21. Starlito – Lurking (Prod. by Southside)
22. Fat Trel – My Type of Party
23. GrandeMarshall – 2-3 Shidd (Prod. by .L.W.H.)
24. ASAP Rocky & ASAP Ant – Bath Salt (Feat. Flatbush Zombies)
25. Tree – Dat Chevy (Prod. by Tree)
26. Eldorado Red – Drug Dealer Hip-Hop
27. Dark Sister – Take Me Down
28. Left Leberra – Refresh (Feat. Stash Marina)
29. Zachg – Losin Sleep Peace (Feat. Himself The Majestic & Western Tink)
Thanks to all who’ve been showing so much love since Vol. 1! Once again, thanks to our Mishka NYC fam (Zach G, Nick Vogt, Mikhail, Whole Milk, Pool Captain, and the rest)…til next month.
#TRAPRAPFRIDAYS is back at Drom NYC tomorrow night. Expect an evening of finely turnt-up trap rap, country rap tunes, and shake junt anthems spun by the talented likes of KDS (Ballers Eve), Farrington G (Dirty Glove Bastard/BLB), Meka (2DopeBoyz), Mess-Kid, Low Key (U Heard That New), and myself. J. Ross (Gldstndrd) plays host.
Last time this happened, we were overcapacity, Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire was the host, and he was daring the “dancing ladies” to “impress” him…as was loosely documented here.
FREE.99 until Midnight – $10 guys/$5 girls after 12am. 10pm-4am. DROM NYC is located at 85 Avenue A (LES, NYC).
Mishka x PTP collabos are always something to talk about. This is no different. The first in a monthly mix series that is to highlight some of the most potent raps of the moment, as co-curated by Mishka and us Fresh Out The Box overlords.
Once the tracks are assembled, I take them to Orchard Beach, whilst wearing a Level-3 biohazard suit (naturally), and begin the hour-long process of placing them in story-telling sequence along the nasty bed of wet sand (and other stuff). Mishka knew about this special ceremonial rap dance that I perform alongside my co-d’s Note D, Jaime Buddha, and whoever else is in there every Thursday on BBOX Radio (at 7:30pm-9:30pm EST, as FOTB), so they stepped in for a twirl or three.
Mishka x PTP present High Tide Vol. 1 (mixed by Geng-Grizzly)
1. MondreM.A.N. & Shady Blaze – Greenova To The Top (Prod. by Friendzone)
2. Meyhem Lauren – Peruvian Desserts (Feat. Action Bronson & Roc Marciano, Prod. by Tommy Mas)
3. The Alchemist – The Turning Point (Feat. Roc Marciano, Prod. by The Alchemist)
4. Tree – B.E.S.T. (Prod. by NED)
5. LEP Bogus Boys – Showtime (Prod. by Jahlil Beats)
6. Juicy J – She Solve All Problems (Prod. by Jahlil Beats)
7. Dusty McFly – I’m Out Here D-Mix (Feat. Danny Brown, Peezy, & Boldy James)
8. Freddie Gibbs – Face Down
9. SpaceGhostPurrp – Mystikal Maze (Prod. by SpaceGhostPurrp)
10. Troy Ave – Piece & Love… Swish (Prod. by John Scino)
11. 2 Chainz – Supa Fly
12. Zilla – Letter 2 The Rap Game
13. lowercase – Limestone
14. Lofty305 & Ahyve – Pinky Promise
15. Tazmanian Tiger – Save That Shit (Chief Keef Cover)
16. Sortahuman x Dizzy D – Outerspace (Feat. Schon Pee & Zach G, Prod. by Dizzy D)
17. Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire & Speak – Igloo (Feat. Goldie Glo)
18. Azealia Banks – Nathan (Feat. Styles P)
19. Wiley – Step 7 (Prod. by Darq E Freaker)
20. Darq E Freaker – Waka X Cherryade (Siden Edit, Prod. by Darq E Freaker)
21. Waka Flocka Flame – Ridin’ Around (Feat. Soulja Boy, Prod. by Young Chop)
22. Chief Keef – Flexin’
23. Western Tink – Throwed Off Remix (Feat. Shady Blaze)
24. Haleek Maul – 88 (Prod. by The Drum)
Big ups Mishka (Zach G, Mikhail, Billy Vogt, Whole Milk, and the rest)…look forward to doing this again next month.
Trap Rap Fridays – the 2nd edition – was quite the “turnt up” event: a large room and a half FULL of people, a stage commanded by the Baller’s Eve and Dirty Glove Bastard collectives letting off nothin’ but huge country rap tunes, Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire with 40-odd Peel Off muhfuckas, skrippers, flying dollar bills, and assorted other fuckery. Look forward to the next one…be there.
BBOX Radio was there to stream the whole shit live…and here’s a portion of the night which includes eXqo’s in-crowd performance (at the 73:02 mark)…and that which followed thereafter.