Rome Fortune will be back in NYC next week to dance among wolves, again. This time, it will be to celebrate the premiere of his new video, “Get The Guap” (off of the high-hailed Beautiful Pimp). The festivities take place on May 7th, with free booze to boot, courtesy of 1200Squad and Electric Circus.
The almighty Black Sabbath were allegedly group drugged (involuntarily) by drinking from a communal punchbowl in an Oslo hotel bar and taken to a subterranean laboratory (under a log cabin, obviously) embedded deep in the darkened layers of Norwegian forestry. This was where the extraction of their respective DNA took place, followed by a rinsing with various active chemicals of the most potent in mind-altering substances on the planet. The plan was to place this concoction into an organic microchip implant, thus ushering in a wave of death proof superhumans, but alas, technological resources were just too meager at the time.
Cut forward some decades to December 2012…perhaps the last week of any December, ever. After a series of set-backs and plenty of mind gouging epiphanies, I find no better time than 9pm on the 17th day of the month to make my attempt at interpreting the legendary Sabbath-DNA-meets-drugs-and-digital-age formula for world domination. I brought along my potna dem, Alex of Steady Bloggin’, to help host this venture as he has been one of the most active and forward-thinking purveyors of projects directly taking after DJ Screw‘s style of music play. I wanted to pay my respects by creating this mix primarily on turntable and mixer, to keep it as human as possible (as the featured musicians were also playing live – not quantized machinery).
Without anymore sleep-deprived banter spewed, PTP and Steady Bloggin’ are fucking delighted to present this collage of heavy metal sludge omnipotence with a Houston, Texas lean (no pun?). All we ask is that you enjoy this responsibly and watch out for those portals that may open up.
Black Sabbath through the eyes of some mad men. We are proud to unveil this two-song pack of heavy metal god shit, all chopped-and-slowed, as the first single to the upcoming Screwing Yourself To Live project between us and Steady Bloggin’. An experiment in sludge and stonerism. Expect to see that on 12/12/12.
Attention Black Sabbath heads, weed heads, drank heads, and those who just fancy their music mega heavy and slow, PTP and Steady Bloggin’ got some shit in the pyrex for you! It is officially #FridayBLACKESTFriday …so that means we premier the first taste of our “best of” tribute to the aforementioned “most important band ever”…in trippy visual form, no less. Screwing Yourself To Live, probably also a first step into something that could be called SludgeWave*, drops 12/12/12 (think 6/6/06…just stretched and doubled…or something) via this site and that site. The music of Sabbath will be treated and mixed together by yours truly, overseen by the homey Alex, while John Turner Jr. handles the artwork. This is going to make some lean and loud pushers quite rich.
Black Sabbath “Sleeping Village” (Chopped & Slowed)
I threw this video together this afternoon…yeah.
*I dunno…think heavy metal given the Texas chopped & screwed treatment.
This Saturday, we’re back at DROM for Bout That Life (an extension of our Trap Rap Friday series). Unlike the past #TRF parties, this one will be FREE ALL NIGHT. Much like the past #TRF parties, we will have a night set to a heavyweight pummeling of top-tier trap rap spun by the hands behind NYC’s first official trap rap party: the #NYTC (New York Trap Coalition) = KDS (of Ballers Eve fame), Farrington G (of DGB/Bedford-LaBrea-&-Biscayne fame), and myself (of here and here fame).
Also, much like the past #TRF parties, we will have a special guest for the evening: Troy Ave.
It’s going to be extra celebratory for our potna dem Farrington‘s bornday…so come out cause you’ve earned it for yourself.
Another Mishka x PTP presentation. The second installment of our co-curated, monthly mix series, High Tide, focusing on some of the day’s most potent raps and the artists behind them.
This month we have a spotlight on Himself The Majestic plus a few PTP thugsclusives by Gorgeous Children (Face Vega and Gila Monsta) and Harlem’s own MUMMZ…amidst a sea of A1 trap shit and other completely wholesome rap stylings. Download away and blast this.
Mishka NYC x Purple Tape Pedigree present High Tide Vol. 2 (mixed by Geng-Grizzly)
1. Himself The Majestic – Freaky Hoe (Prod. by DJ Sex Play)
2. Fiend – Wonderful (Feat. Curren$y)
3. Squadda B – Deep Cover (Greenova)
4. Bill Ding – Hey Ya’ll (Prod. by Amaze88)
5. Gunplay – Take This
6. DaVinci – MYOB (Feat. Freddie Gibbs, Prod. by Al Jieh)
7. Himself The Majestic – Glass Meteors (Prod. by Fresh Galaxy)
8. DCxDCxDC – Silver Surfer (Feat. Himself The Majestic, Prod. by Keyboard Kid)
9. Gene The Southern Child – Viewer Discretion Advised (Prod. by Parallel Thought)
10. Troy Ave – De FACTO (Prod. by Lavish)
11. Cas – Spaced
12. Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire – The Kosmos Pt. 7: The Explanation (Prod. by The Alchemist)
13. MondreM.A.N. – Why Love (Prod. by Nem270)
14. Supreme Cuts & Haleek Maul – The Dummy (Feat. Deniro Ferrar, Prod. by Supreme Cuts)
15. Gorgeous Children – Polar Clips (Prod. by Gila Monsta)
16. MUMMZ – Ain’t About Nuthin’ (Prod. by Gila Monsta)
17. King Louie – Sneak Disser
18. Gucci Mane – El Chapo (Prod. by Zaytoven)
19. Young Scooter – Colombia
20. Young Scooter – Smoke Alarm (Prod. by Southside)
21. Starlito – Lurking (Prod. by Southside)
22. Fat Trel – My Type of Party
23. GrandeMarshall – 2-3 Shidd (Prod. by .L.W.H.)
24. ASAP Rocky & ASAP Ant – Bath Salt (Feat. Flatbush Zombies)
25. Tree – Dat Chevy (Prod. by Tree)
26. Eldorado Red – Drug Dealer Hip-Hop
27. Dark Sister – Take Me Down
28. Left Leberra – Refresh (Feat. Stash Marina)
29. Zachg – Losin Sleep Peace (Feat. Himself The Majestic & Western Tink)
Thanks to all who’ve been showing so much love since Vol. 1! Once again, thanks to our Mishka NYC fam (Zach G, Nick Vogt, Mikhail, Whole Milk, Pool Captain, and the rest)…til next month.
#TRAPRAPFRIDAYS is back at Drom NYC tomorrow night. Expect an evening of finely turnt-up trap rap, country rap tunes, and shake junt anthems spun by the talented likes of KDS (Ballers Eve), Farrington G (Dirty Glove Bastard/BLB), Meka (2DopeBoyz), Mess-Kid, Low Key (U Heard That New), and myself. J. Ross (Gldstndrd) plays host.
Last time this happened, we were overcapacity, Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire was the host, and he was daring the “dancing ladies” to “impress” him…as was loosely documented here.
FREE.99 until Midnight – $10 guys/$5 girls after 12am. 10pm-4am. DROM NYC is located at 85 Avenue A (LES, NYC).
Mishka x PTP collabos are always something to talk about. This is no different. The first in a monthly mix series that is to highlight some of the most potent raps of the moment, as co-curated by Mishka and us Fresh Out The Box overlords.
Once the tracks are assembled, I take them to Orchard Beach, whilst wearing a Level-3 biohazard suit (naturally), and begin the hour-long process of placing them in story-telling sequence along the nasty bed of wet sand (and other stuff). Mishka knew about this special ceremonial rap dance that I perform alongside my co-d’s Note D, Jaime Buddha, and whoever else is in there every Thursday on BBOX Radio (at 7:30pm-9:30pm EST, as FOTB), so they stepped in for a twirl or three.
Mishka x PTP present High Tide Vol. 1 (mixed by Geng-Grizzly)
1. MondreM.A.N. & Shady Blaze – Greenova To The Top (Prod. by Friendzone)
2. Meyhem Lauren – Peruvian Desserts (Feat. Action Bronson & Roc Marciano, Prod. by Tommy Mas)
3. The Alchemist – The Turning Point (Feat. Roc Marciano, Prod. by The Alchemist)
4. Tree – B.E.S.T. (Prod. by NED)
5. LEP Bogus Boys – Showtime (Prod. by Jahlil Beats)
6. Juicy J – She Solve All Problems (Prod. by Jahlil Beats)
7. Dusty McFly – I’m Out Here D-Mix (Feat. Danny Brown, Peezy, & Boldy James)
8. Freddie Gibbs – Face Down
9. SpaceGhostPurrp – Mystikal Maze (Prod. by SpaceGhostPurrp)
10. Troy Ave – Piece & Love… Swish (Prod. by John Scino)
11. 2 Chainz – Supa Fly
12. Zilla – Letter 2 The Rap Game
13. lowercase – Limestone
14. Lofty305 & Ahyve – Pinky Promise
15. Tazmanian Tiger – Save That Shit (Chief Keef Cover)
16. Sortahuman x Dizzy D – Outerspace (Feat. Schon Pee & Zach G, Prod. by Dizzy D)
17. Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire & Speak – Igloo (Feat. Goldie Glo)
18. Azealia Banks – Nathan (Feat. Styles P)
19. Wiley – Step 7 (Prod. by Darq E Freaker)
20. Darq E Freaker – Waka X Cherryade (Siden Edit, Prod. by Darq E Freaker)
21. Waka Flocka Flame – Ridin’ Around (Feat. Soulja Boy, Prod. by Young Chop)
22. Chief Keef – Flexin’
23. Western Tink – Throwed Off Remix (Feat. Shady Blaze)
24. Haleek Maul – 88 (Prod. by The Drum)
Big ups Mishka (Zach G, Mikhail, Billy Vogt, Whole Milk, and the rest)…look forward to doing this again next month.